Wednesday 6 October 2010

Sleep restriction

Really interesting YouTube clip on Sleep restriction as a cure for insomnia

There was a really interesting documentary on BBC television I caught the end of, about people with sleep disorders. The bit that really caught my attention was about a TV presenter called Dominic Diamond – who I had met about twenty years earlier at a comedy club when he was plying his trade as a budding stand up comic.

To be honest he wasn’t much good – so I can see why he’s ended up as a TV presenter as opposed to the next Chris Rock or Ricky Jervais!

In the documentary, Dominic admits to sometimes going 72 hours without sleep and they interview him and his family about how this effects their life. It really brought back memories of my sleepless night and how it effected my marriage when I was at the height of my insomnia.

His sleep depravation was really making his life a misery and he would be classed as a particularly chronic insomniac – having suffered from long bouts of sleeplessness since his teenage years.

I think you’ll find it interesting and it may help you see that you are not alone with this condition.

Edinburgh Sleep Centre
I won’t spoil it for you – but there is an amazing simple technique offered up by Colin Epsie one of the Directors at The Edinburgh Sleep Centre. Called Sleep restriction – it appeared to show some stunning results. I’ll let you make your own mind up…

Check out the clip yourself…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrsCl_hnaWc

Hope you find it interesting and of some help.

Dan Kennedy has written a free ebook on how to Cure Your Insomnia. To download it visit www.cure-your-insomnia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment